By Mikael Syding, the European Hedge Fund Manager of the Decade and Ludvig Sunstrom, author of Breaking out of Homeostasis
Apply For The Future Skills Program:
- Begin your career well by deciding upon your initial specialization and follow-up game plan for expanding on it.
- Get ahead faster than peers by working on the right things and prioritizing your time in superior ways.
- Build a powerful network by contacting important people, befriending them, gaining a mentor and maintaining your network.
- Join the top 5% of earners by becoming a CEO or senior manager, partner, investor or an entrepreneur.
- Shorten your learning curve as an investor by developing an analytical process you can improve upon.
- Find your best-suited investment style based on your talents, interests, temperament, and risk-tolerance.
- Discover lucrative business ideas with fundamental analysis, technical analysis, psychology, and statistics.
- Manage risk to reduce long-term losses.
- Make and manage money in the markets by learning the fundamentals of value investing, understanding intrinsic value and using it to buy low and sell high.
The program consists of 5 modules and 2 rounds of personal coaching:
- Module 1: Specialization > Choose your initial area of specialization or go the entrepreneurship route. (6 VIDEOS + PDF).
- Module 2a: Advanced career advice (first half) > Get a deeper understanding of the different paths of specialization and entrepreneurship to ensure you make the right choice. (3 VIDEOS + PDF).
- Module 2b: Advanced career advice (second half) > How to retain your edge over your competition and when to change jobs. (3 VIDEOS + PDF)
- Module 3a: General career advice (first half) > How to make yourself more valuable in the job market and find the right opportunity for your skillset. (3 VIDEOS + PDF).
- Module 3b: General career advice (second half) > Specific steps to take before changing jobs. (2 VIDEOS + PDF).
- Module 4: How to build a network > Specific steps to take to build a strong network (business contacts + mentors) and how to balance work with social life. (4 VIDEOS + PDF).
- Module 5: Finance > Mikael Syding’s investing framework that he used to outperform the market with 600% over 10 years. (16 VIDEOS + PDF).
- Homework assignments for every video. Reflect and apply what you’ve learned.
- 2 rounds of coaching where you get thorough personal feedback from either Mikael Syding, Ludvig Sunstrom or Oskar Faarkrog. Get detailed personal feedback on your homework assignments from us.
The program lasts a total of 9 months (roughly 2 videos every 2 weeks).
The time-commitment is estimated at around 30-60 minutes every 2 weeks, therefore it’s not a very time-intensive program. It’s a program that you can follow as an add-on to a full time job and any existing studies you may have.
All videos are accompanied by detailed text documents and homework assignments. So you can both read and watch, to better internalize the ideas.
“Just wanted to say a big thanks as I have recently started at a Behavioural Economics consultancy doing a split of new client acquisition and consulting work! This was one of the top careers I defined for myself whilst going through the Future Skills program so far. Thank you for all your feedback on my responses as they helped me clarify what I wanted from the role and I believe this came through strongly in the different interview stages.”
Newvick Lee, Software Developer:
“An important part of a great career is finding mentors or even peers to connect with. The part of the program on networking was helpful because of the homework that was provided. In one exercise I went through the list of people I wanted to get to know in my ideal field (machine learning and NLP), and made a strategy of reaching out to them. I was able to receive useful advice from a self-taught machine learning engineer from a well-known technology company. Although not everyone replied to me, I now have a long-term strategy for connecting with people I want to know. I joined the program because I was in the beginning stages of a career shift from healthcare into software development. Although I had a general idea of the technical skills I wanted to develop, I knew that having a great career was not just about technical skills. It includes deciding things like what to specialize in, and what mentors to find. It was an easy decision to join the Program because I was a long-time reader of Mikael and Ludvig’s blogs, and a listener of their podcast. I knew that they spoke from experience and long periods of study. Their advice has helped me in many occasions as well. The videos were clear and since each only covered a specific idea, it was easy to follow along. The videos and homework assignments of the Future Skills Program complemented each other quite nicely. Since both Mikael and Ludvig would reply after each time I submitted my homework, it really forced me to think clearly about my homework answers and write succinctly. Their answers to the homework questions was a crucial part of the course.”
“I spend a lot of time reflecting on the assignments I get from you. Future Skills Program has helped me incredibly much in my personal progress and in finding my strengths and figuring out how I can make better use of them. You have helped me more than I can ever explain. I hope to be able to remain in contact with you for a long time going forward.”
Andreas Thorsson Aaro:
“You guys are together with my partner the best source of positive energy. Future Skills Program is a good antidote to avoid losing momentum. Every FSP-homework takes about 2+2h for me to complete (should be 30+30min, I know), but this is very valuable to me, hence the extra effort. I recognize that what you guys are doing here is a massive work and giving so much time and effort to us all is very generously.”