Apply For The Future Skills Program
Listen to the full episode on iTunes (and please leave a rating to help the podcast reach more people): E43: Why Robotics is the New Auto Industry
- The robotics industry is the new auto industry.
- Robotics and automation make use of the most critical areas: Artificial intelligence, biotech, space mining, space defense, food production, energy production, self driving cars.
- A lot of money will be made for workers, investors and consumers.
- There are 5 big industries today: Robotics and Automation, Artificial Intelligence, BioTech, NanoTech and 3D Printing.
- You can see robotics and automation as the big industry above the other 4 because eventually the other 4 industries will be used to create robots.
- Robots are already implemented into some peoples’ daily life as vacuum cleaners.
- In the near future we will see self driving cars and military machines from Boston Dynamics implemented into wealthy households. (See a Boston Dynamics robot practicing parkour here: Parkour Atlas)
- The robots from Boston Dynamics can carry and throw heavy stuff, run, jump and go to places where humans can’t because of radiation.
- In about 10 years from now, we will have something similar to what we think of as robots in the form of a butler.
- The butler will be especially useful for the elderly care: Bring things, help with walking and companionship.
- Robots will also be used in the sex industry where sex robots will be created. (The sex industry is always at the forefront of technology because it tries to make the experience seem as real as possible).
- In the beginning robots will be very expensive, therefore only the wealthiest people will have access.
- Idea for using robots for self-development: Create a robot that’s like a best friend or clone of yourself who’s awake 24 hours per day and giving you ideas.
- How to get into robotics: Map out all automation companies from yellow pages then go visit them and talk to them about what’s going on. Also, watch Sci-Fi movies and books and buy a small robot toy for roughly 100 USD.
- BONUS: 6 extra areas to look into:
- Stem cell research: Stem cells are biological cells that can differentiate into other types of cells and can divide to produce more of the same type of stem cells. They are found in bone marrow, fat cells and blood.
- Organ printing: A printable organ is an artificially constructed device designed for organ replacement, produced using 3D printing techniques. The primary purpose of printable organs is in transplantation.
- Driverless vehicles.
- Neurology and brain interfaces: Direct communication pathway between an enhanced or wired brain and an external device. Brain interfaces are often directed at researching, mapping, assisting, augmenting, or repairing human cognitive or sensory-motor functions.
- Multi-resistant bacteria and bacteriophages: Bacteriophages are among the most common and diverse entities in the biosphere. It is estimated there are more than 10^31 bacteriophages on the planet, more than every other organism on Earth, including bacteria, combined.
- Mechanics: The behaviour of physical bodies when subjected to forces or displacements, and the subsequent effects of the bodies on their environment. You have classical mechanics and quantum mechanics.
We are right now creating the Future Skills Program which will be an online video course covering decision-making and risk management with weekly homework and evaluations.
* Why decision making and risk management? Because better decisions equal better finances, better relationships and an overall better life.
* Decisions are the foundation of everything you do and the outcome you eventually get.
Leave a Reply